The first edition of UFC on Fox airs on Saturday and will feature the Heavyweight title fight that every MMA betting fan wants to see: Cain Velasquez putting his title on the line for the first time against No. 1 contender Junior Dos Santos.
These two fighters are clearly the cream of the crop in the Heavyweight division and oddsmakers and MMA bettors are keeping the lines at near-even action. The undefeated champion is currently a slight favorite of -155 at Bodog Sportsbook, while 5Dimes has a +145 payout on the Dos Santos dethroning.
Making a prediction in this fight is a tough call, and it will likely be a long time before we get this much of a bargain on either fighter, so make your pick and good luck. It’s going to be a great fight for the ages.
Also on the UFC on Fox card MMA betting fans can get action on the Benson Henderson vs. Clay Guida fight. Both fighters are coming off impressive wins and are looking for the next shot at the Lightweight belt.
Former WEC Lightweight champ Henderson currently sits as a 5Dimes -255 favorite to beat Guida, and is expected to use his superior technical skills to wear down his opponent and either submit him or take a decision. As long as he can slow down the pace that Guida will surely bring he should control him from start to finish.
Clay Guida has won four straight fights and looks improved every time we see him in the Octagon. His pace could be more than the calm technical Henderson can handle, and at +215 at 5Dimes Guida might be worth the risk in this one.
5Dimes is also offering moneyline action on the Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza fight. Poirier, handicapped as a -325 favorite, is one of the top prospects at 145 lbs and should be better that Garza regardless of where the fight goes. Garza has been steadily improving since his loss on the Ultimate Fighter and is better than the +250 5Dimes line would indicate.
Full UFC on Fox betting lineup:
• Heavyweight championship bout: Cain Velasquez (9-0) vs. Junior Dos Santos (13-1)
Preliminary card (On FOXSports.com)
• Lightweight bout: Clay Guida (29-11) vs. Benson Henderson (14-2)
• Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier (10-1) vs. Pablo Garza (11-1)
• Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson (15-4) vs. Ricardo Lamas (10-2)
• Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson (12-9) vs. Clay Harvison (9-3)
• Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto (18-4) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (6-3)
• Featherweight bout: Mackens Semerzier (6-3) vs. Robert Peralta (15-3)
• Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres (5-4) vs. Cole Escovedo (17-8)
• Middleweight bout: Mike Pierce (12-4) vs. Paul Bradley (18-3)
• Light Heavyweight bout: Aaron Rosa (16-4) vs. Matt Lucas (14-2)